Sous Vide Cooking Bags for Commercial & Industrial Use
Gaining in Popularity as More Chefs Recognise the Advantages of the Process
In Sous Vide, foods are vacuum-sealed in plastic pouches, then cooked using precisely controlled heating. Cooking temperatures are lower and cooking times are longer. The result is a dish that retains all of the moisture, nutrients and flavours of the ingredients and is evenly done throughout.
For Sous Vide to be successful, the quality and construction of the plastic pouch that the food is cooked in is critical. Plascon offers a full line of Sous Vide pouches that are ideal for this application.
Previously only practiced at high-end gourmet restaurants, Sous Vide use is increasing as the benefits of the method are better understood and safety concerns are addressed. The commercial Sous Vide equipment available today addresses the obvious safety questions that arise from cooking foods at low temperatures by incorporating very precise temperature controls to ensure that foods are cooked properly. Sous Vide units for home use have even started to become popular items in gourmet kitchen stores.
THE PLASCON DIFFERENCE
The Benefits of Our Tubular Vacuum Bags:
- Co-extruded Simultaneous 7-Layer Blown Film
- One Seal = Stronger Bag, Less Leakage
- No Delamination
- Flexible Bags / More Stretch / Less Prone to Leakage Resulting from Sharp Objects
- Decreased Chance of Contamination During the Manufacturing Process
- Aseptic interior by means of an absolute filter
- Bags are produced under HACCP-controlled conditions